Friday 26 December 2014

2015 Book Challenge

I've decided that 2015 is going to be the year that I start reading more often, for school and for pleasure! I found the PopSugar Book Challenge online and found it really interesting, so I've decided to follow it! That means that this year, I have to read:

A book with more than 500 pages - Game of Thrones
A classic romance
A book that became a movie
A book published this year - Dream A Little Dream
A book with a number in the title - The Five People You Meet In Heaven
A book written by someone under 30
A book with non-human characters
A funny book
A book by a female author
A mystery or a thriller
A book with a one-word title
A book of short stories
A book set in a different country
A non-fiction book - A Little History of English Literature
A popular author's first book - Starter For Ten
A book from an author you love but haven't read yet
A book a friend recommended
A Pulitzer-Prize winner
A book based on a true story
A book at the bottom of your to-read list - The Children Act
A book your mum loves
A book that scares you
A book more than 100 years old
A book based entirely on its cover
A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't
A memoir
A book you can finish in a day
A book with antonyms in the title
A book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit
A book that came out the year you were born
A book with bad reviews
A trilogy
A book from your childhood
A book with a love triangle
A book set in the future
A book set in high school
A book with a colour in the title
A book that made you cry
A book with magic - Harry Potter Series
A graphic novel
A book by an author you've never read before
A book you own but have never read - Mr Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore
A book that takes place in your hometown
A book that was originally written in another language - A Doll's House
A book set during Christmas
A book written by an author with your initials
A play - The Importance of Being Earnest
A banned book
A book based on, or turned into, a TV show
A book you started but never finished

Wish me luck! Let me know if you've decided to join me on this challenge. I'll keep this post updated as I go! You can add me on Goodreads here if you want to follow my progress!

8 comments

  1. OMG I found this challenge too and I love it, i think there are some really quirky ideas :)

    Alice x
    alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a really good way to motivate myself to read as well aha! xx

      Delete
  2. I love this! I just started going to the public library again and this is some great motivation to get reading! Happy New Year!
    www.two4beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the worst for going to the library because I just love owning the books myself, which is awful for my bank account haha! Plus I'm starting to run out of room on my bookshelves so I might not have a lot of choice but to start going to the library... x

      Delete
  3. Love this idea! I used to go to the library a lot but my dog literally ate like 5 of the books I was supposed to return so now I'm too scared to go back! Will definitely be doing this though, thanks for the inspiration and Happy New Year!

    Roxie x
    http://thebeautifulbluebird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I still have a few books taken out from the library from when I was a little kid so I'm scared to go back too haha! Happy New Year! x

      Delete
  4. Love this idea, good luck wth your challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

© Meguana
Maira Gall