Saturday 6 December 2014

Elf/Elsa Make-Up

Hello everyone! I posted a picture of the make-up I was wearing to work on Sunday to my personal Twitter (@MeganMcMahon02) and it ended up getting quite a few favourites, so I thought I would do a post about it!I'm quite lucky in that I'm not given many specifics on how I must do my make up for work, and some of the other girls barely wear any at all, but I'm a bit of a sucker for having an excuse to go all-out, so I really do! I like to do something a bit different every week to keep things exciting and this week, I tried to go for something a little bit inspired by Elsa from Frozen!



Face: Revlon ColourStay Foundation with a Mac 187 brush for an overall face and buffed in with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush into any areas that needed a bit more coverage. Set with Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder and a Mac 134 brush, and then contoured with Benefit's One Hot Minute using the Real Techniques Contour Brush
Eyes/Brows: I set my brows in place using Maybelline's Brow Drama. For my eyes, I used Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow in Bikini-Tini and then applied a shimmery Barry M Dazzle Dust (which is so old that the name's rubbed off!) from my lashes to my brow bone. I topped this with Barry M's Fine Glitter Dust in number 4 (which I've just seen says 'NOT FOR AROUND THE EYES' on the packaging, oops - don't listen to my advice, kids!) and let it drop down onto my cheeks a little for a sparkly highlight. I then went under my eyes with the blue eyeshadow from the Nars 'At First Sight' palette and finished the look with tightlining and water lining with JVG's Waterproof Black Eyeliner, curled lashes using the No 7 Eyelash Curler and then a coat of Maybelline's Colossal Go Extreme! Mascara
Lips: I'm not really a lip product kind of girl and nothing really stays on while I'm at work as I have to do so much talking, so Cocoa Butter Vaseline is my best friend! In this picture, I also have a lipstick in the shade Nude by Marks and Spencers' brand Autograph on, but I didn't reapply it throughout the day!

Do you think this make up looks like something Elsa would wear? Do you think it's Elf-appropriate? Let me know! Also, if you have any ideas for how I should wear my make up this weekend, I'm working on Saturday and Sunday so any ideas would be appreciated!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Meguana
Maira Gall