Friday 4 September 2015

What I've Been Loving Lately #1

I realise that I haven't done a Favourites post in a little while and this isn't going to be in place of that either, because I wanted to just talk about some of the random bits I've been loving lately, mainly just to see if anyone else is as sad as I am!! So here's 8 things I've been loving lately!

1: The Office U.S.
Last week, my best friend and I went away for a few days with my family and in the evenings, we needed something to watch on Netflix while we were chilling (unintentional 'Netflix and chill' there, oops!) We started watching The UK Office originally because we're both huge fans of The Ricky Gervais Show, but we didn't really enjoy it too much so we tried to watch The US Office instead - and we loved it! I think over the course of 4 days, we got to halfway through Season 2 and I haven't stopped watching it since! I've never started watching a TV series with someone else before so it was a bit weird to come home and have to watch it alone so I didn't have anyone to cry to about Jim and Pam moments but I love the characters and the dynamic in the office and just everyhting about it really! 

2: Sass & Belle Mug
For my birthday in June, my mum got me a set of crockery from Not On The High Street and in particular, my favourite item is my 'M' Initial Mug from Sass and Belle (£11). It's the perfect shape to curl your hands around when they're cold and you want to be warmed up, and it's slightly larger than the average mug so it makes a mean cuppa! Plus, it's adorable and the light blue/navy combination is one of my favourite designs at the moment. 

3: Boohoo
I've bought far too many clothes this summer, in particular in the past month, and probably my go-to shop of the moment is BooHoo.com! I've already started stocking up on autumn clothing and I've been loving the new collections they've been bringing out

4: Boots!
As Autumn approaches, we now have the perfect excuse to wear boots all day, every day! I've been switching between a pair of brown combat boots, brown riding boots, black chelsea boots and grey chunky heeled boots - so basically a pair for any type of outfit! They're just so versatile and add a bit of a cosy edge to any outfit.

5: Milka Triolade
This has been my absolute favourite chocolate for about 2 years now but unfortunately it's only available in Duty Free in airports, so I go quite a while without having it! Knowing that, I may have stocked up and bought over 1kg of it on the way back from Spain in July... I made the mistake of opening a new bar recently and have just realised I have to finish it all before I move to uni in just over a week because I don't want it going back - oh what a shame, having to eat loads of chocolate in a short space of time! 

6: Homeware Shopping
As I've just mentioned, I'm moving to uni in a very short space of time and I couldn't be more excited! I have gone way overboard when it comes to buying things, especially when it comes to kitchen items (think a pastry brush, three casserole dishes, four champagne flutes...) but I've been really enjoying going out and buying these things for myself - it's gotten me so excited for when I do actually move out by myself! 

7: Loyalty Points
I think I've officially become a middle aged woman because collecting loyalty points is my latest addiction. It got to the stage where we had planned a massive Ikea pre-uni shop but I tried to do as much of it as I could beforehand in Tesco because I could collect Clubcard points!! I've been using an app called Loyalive which hasn't helped at all, as it allows you to add your various loyalty cards and keep track of all the points you've collected. Over 900 Nectar Points since my birthday back in June, and it's not even as if I do my own food shopping because I still live at home - oops!

8: 2048
I'm SO late to the bandwagon with this one but I'm completely addicted to 2048! Not sure why I didn't download it when everyone was hyping over it but now I'm regretting having downloaded it because I haven't stopped playing!

What have you been loving lately? Let me know!

11 comments

  1. Yes!! I've been living in boots recently! Xx

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to bring them back out and wear them! x

      Delete
  2. I love the office US! and just a heads up, that love for homeward will only intensify from now on! I'm going into second year and my homewear list is massive! I love that it's acceptable to wear my boots again too, especially because I bought a pair a few months ago but hardly had the chance to wear them :)

    Katie xo
    ktmy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh goodness, I'm not sure it can get much worse to be honest!! x

      Delete
  3. OH I used to be addicted to 2048! I haven't played it in a long time though, which is good, because I wasted my time playing that game.

    elinesreturnticket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love homeware shopping! It seems to be the best thing ever haha! I hope you settle into uni okay and have a great time and get all the grades you want :)
    I also love collecting loyalty points, it feels super great :') I love Tesco and think their loyatly points are one of the best.
    Rose
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are a great collection of August favourites! I love homeware shopping too, although I soon run out of pocket money, haha!

    Paige xo // The Joys of Being Paige

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah not another 2048 addict? My whole family are haha. However loyalty card points are my FAVE.
    Chloe // Mojichlo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boohoo has some really cute clothes! I love that they're not too mainstream, so I don't end up having the same top as half of my friends!

    I love 2048! It's such a simple idea, but so addicting, and perfect to start and stop anytime!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's still not chilly enough for boots where I'm living, but I'm so exciting to break them out. Fall is my favourite time of the year!


    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I need to check out bohoo! I have heard some great things about them x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Meguana
Maira Gall