Monday 19 June 2017

The Addams Family Musical


For my birthday this year, my mum surprised me with tickets to go and see The Addams Family with her and my older brother in Bath, because she knows I love any and all musicals, but that I'm a particular fan of Carrie Hope Fletcher too.

As someone who hasn't watching anything Addams Family related before, I was a bit worried that I might not understand any of the plot, but it's set much later in time than the original TV show from my understanding, when Wednesday is a teenager and has gotten herself a boyfriend.

When you think Addams Family, you might be thinking dark and creepy Halloween type themes (or was that just my limited understanding of it?) but honestly, this show is HILARIOUS. I don't often laugh out loud at anything including films or books, but this show gave me the giggles.

All of the performers were ridiculously talented as ever, and some of the songs are really catchy. I've really loved watching Carrie's 'Watch Me, Wednesday!' series on YouTube showing behind the scenes of the show, so I already felt like I knew bits of it before going, but it was even better than I had expected.

As always, The Theatre Royal in Bath is a beautiful place to go and watch the shows, and I would thoroughly recommend getting a Marshfield Ice Cream at the interval - especially if you're not a local. It's taken me to the age of 20 to realise that they don't do Marshfield Ice Cream all around the country, and for that, I am very sorry for you if you don't live in this region.

I feel like it's been quite a while since I've gone to see a musical that I know absolutely nothing about and have no preconceptions about before going, and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience! Thank you Mum xx



No comments

Post a Comment

© Meguana
Maira Gall